- 1 clove garlic
- 3 cups olives, mix of black and green
- 1 red pepper, roasted until blistered (or from the jar)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 2 whole wheat pita, with pockets
- 6 to 8 tablespoons classic hummus (homemade or store-bought)
- Pulse garlic in the food processor until minced. Add olives, roasted red pepper, olive oil, sea salt, black pepper, and lemon juice. Pulse until olives are in small pieces. Measure out 6 tablespoons of the tapenade and save the rest for another use (pizza, grilled cheese, or topping morning eggs- just for a few ideas).
- In a bowl, toss arugula with the 6 tablespoons of tapenade until well combined.
- Slice the pita in half and carefully pry open the pocket, being careful not to tear. Spread 1 to 2 tablespoons of hummus along one side and stuff with 1/4 of the arugula mixture. Repeat with the remaining 3 pita halves.