- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/4 cup green onion
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 2 cups rhubarb
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chilies, crushed
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- pinch of salt
- 4 oz udon or soba noodles
- 2 handfuls of kale
- cilantro and lime wedges for topping
- In a sauce pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add in onions and ginger, cooking for 1-2 minutes. Next, stir in rhubarb, water, honey, and chilies. Let simmer until rhubarb has broken down and sauce comes together. Add a pinch of salt and taste to adjust seasonings (if you want it sweeter, add more honey or if you want it spicier, add more chiles.)
- Prepare noodles according to directions, drain, and set aside.
- Shred kale and place in a large bowl. Once noodles and rhubarb are done, toss with kale to slightly wilt. Top with cilantro and lime wedges to serve.