- 2 cups cooked chickpeas (or 1, 15oz canned drained and rinsed)
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup diced cucumber (I used Armenian but regular would work)
- 1/3 cup marinated artichoke hearts (see note)
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- 1/4 cup almond slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice from one lemon
- salt, to taste (see note)
- pepper, to taste
- Additional Items I’ve used before that you can easily add:
- grilled zucchini
- roasted red peppers
- sun-dried tomatoes
- Place chickpeas in a bowl and mash slightly with a fork. Add in the tomatoes through the almonds, tossing together. Drizzle the olive oil and lemon juice over the mixture and stir until combined. Taste and add salt/pepper to your liking. Serve with cooked grains, pita, or as a delicious topping for hummus.
I keep a jar of marinated artichokes in my refrigerator for uses like this. However, you can also buy artichoke hearts in the can and use those.
Be careful about adding salt without tasting. The olives can sometimes add enough salt and any extra leaves you with an overly salty salad!