- 2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 1/4 cup walnut oil (see note)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 300˚ and cover a baking tray with parchment (or silpat.)
- In a food processor, pulse 1/2 cup of the oats until the oats resemble flour. Add remaining ingredients and pulse 6 to 8 times, just until everything is mixed well.
- Pour oats on to tray and evenly spread into a thin layer. Bake for 45 to 60 minutes, turning the tray half way through. Granola should be lightly browned and beginning to crisp when done. Remove and let sit until cool. Break apart and store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
+ I like nut oil but sunflower oil or coconut oil would work in place of the nut oil.