- 1 acorn squash
- 1/2 tablespoon butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375˚ F. Slice the acorn squash in half and remove the seeds. On the bottom of each half, cut a thin slice off so that the acorn squash doesn’t wobble. Place the squash cut-side up in a baking dish.
- For each half, take a knife (or fingers) and rub the inside of the acorn squash with butter. Whisk the heavy cream and maple syrup together, then add to each squash half. Sprinkle cinnamon over both.
- Roast for 45 to 55 minutes until squash is tender. Half-way through roasting, remove squash and spoon some of the heavy cream mixture over the exposed squash parts.