- 1 acorn squash
- 1 jalapeño pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lime
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup uncooked brown rice (or other grain)
- cilantro, for topping
- Preheat oven to 400˚.
- Cut acorn squash in half, scoop out insides, and cut each half into four wedges. Place shell side down in the baking pan.
- Mince jalapeño and garlic. Whisk with olive oil, honey, lime, and salt. Brush over acorn squash.
- Bake squash for 20 minutes and brush extra jalapeño mixture over acorn squash. Bake for another 10-20 minutes until squash is tender and golden brown.
- Cover rice with water and bring to a boil. Cook for 30-35 minutes until tender.
- Layer roasted squash over rice. Drizzle with juice from the bottom of the pan and sprinkle with cilantro.