An easy and delicious grain-based salad with fresh cucumbers and herbs. Perfect for lunches or picnics!
- 2 cups sliced cucumber (1 medium cucumber)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- Zest from 1 lemon
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup cooked farro
- 1 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sweetener, like honey or sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cut the cucumber into half moons and place in a bowl. On a cutting board, roughly chop the herbs. Add the shallot, zest, and salt. Continue chopping until everything is in a fine mince (like you would have if you were making gremolata). Place the herb mixture and farro in the bowl with the cucumbers.
- In a small jar, combine the ingredients for the dressing and shake well. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss until everything is well combined.
- Serve the salad immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 24 hours.
Tips & Tricks: Make a big batch of farro and use for multiple meals- since it takes some time to cook, I like to make it worth it!
Nutrition: see the information.
- Calories: 172
- Sugar: 4.9
- Sodium: 161.6
- Fat: 1.2
- Saturated Fat: .1
- Carbohydrates: 37.8
- Fiber: 6.3
- Protein: 7.5
- Cholesterol: 0