- 3 to 4 medium carrots
- 2 tablespoons harissa (homemade or store-bought)
- 1/2 cup shredded spinach
- 3 tablespoons crumbled feta
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- 1 piece whole wheat toast (see note)
- 1 egg, fried or poached
- Preheat oven to 400˚ F and line a sheet tray with parchment paper. Wash carrots and cut into 1/4″ thick. Place on the sheet tray and toss with harissa. Roast until carrots are tender, browning and slightly tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Right out of the oven, toss with spinach, feta, cilantro, lemon juice, olive oil and salt (if using- depends on if the harissa is salty).
- Top toast with carrot mixture and finish with the poached or fried egg.
+ The toast is really good if you plan on having a runny egg. If you’re not a fan of poached or over-easy eggs, I recommend using the carrots in a different route, like a salad or stuffed in an omelette.