- 1 head fennel
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup cooked orzo
- 3 ounces fresh baby spinach, shredded
- 1 ounces, crumbled firm goat cheese
- 1 cup white beans, drained and rinsed if using canned
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Light grill or preheat grill pan to medium heat.
- Take the fennel head and trim off the fronds, leaving 1/2″ of the stalk above the bulb. Holding the fennel upright, so that the bottom is on the cutting board, slice down, cutting the fennel into roughly 4, 1/4″ thick slices.
- Brush the fennel slices with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Grill the fennel slices until charring on each side and tender, 3 to 4 minutes per side (depending on how hot the grill/grill pan gets.) Let fennel cool slightly and chop into pieces.
- To assemble the salad, toss the grilled fennel with orzo, spinach, crumbled goat cheese and white beans. Whisk together the olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Pour over the salad and tossing everything together until well combined.