A well-balanced summer salad featuring a sweet and spicy grilled peached paired with sweet corn and arugula.
- 2 peaches (just-ripe, still a bit firm to the touch)
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons crushed chipotle in adobo
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 ear sweet corn (brushed with olive oil)
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1 ounce goat cheese
- ¼ cup toasted pepitas
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- To prepare the peaches, slice in half, remove the pit, and quarter the peach. Place in a bowl along with the cilantro, olive oil, lime juice, crushed chipotle in adobo, and spices. Toss until the peaches are coated.
- Heat grill to a medium heat. Brush with olive oil and place the peaches on the grill with one of the cut sides down. Allow to grill, turning occasionally, until the peaches begin to char. While peaches are grilling, grill the corn until lightly charring as well. Remove both from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- To assemble the salad, combine the arugula with the goat cheese, and toasted pepitas. Remove corn for cob and add to the bowl. Combine ingredients for the dressing in a blender and pulse until well combined. Pour 1/4 to 1/2 the dressing over the greens and toss until coated.
- Top the salad with peaches before serving and drizzle with remaining dressing, extra pepitas, and feta.
Tips & Tricks: The firmness of the peaches is key- overly ripe peaches fall apart of the grill.
Nutrition: see the information.
- Calories: 459
- Sugar: 19.8
- Sodium: 428
- Fat: 38.7
- Carbohydrates: 25.8
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 9.6
- Cholesterol: 6.5