- 1/2 cup millet
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2–3 handfuls spinach, shredded
- 2 large eggs
- 3–4 tablespoons hummus
- olive oil, to top
- black pepper, to top
- In a dry sauce pan, add millet and toast, over medium-low heat, for 3-4 minutes. Pour 1 cup water into the pot, bring to a boil, reduce to low, cover, and let cook until the majority of water is absorbed; roughly 15 minutes. Remove from heat, still covered, and let sit while preparing remaining parts of the meal.
- Heat butter in a skillet over low heat and add minced garlic. Cook for 1-2 minutes until garlic is fragrant. Add spinach and turn off the heat. Stir and let sit until spinach is mostly wilted. Stir in millet and transfer to plates.
- In the same skillet, fry eggs to liking (over-easy, over-hard, sunny-side up) and place on top of millet. Serve with a dollop of hummus, drizzle of olive oil, and sprinkle of black pepper.