- 1–2 dry-farmed tomatoes (or regular would work too)
- 2 tablespoons almond slices
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced basil
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Drizzle of Balsamic vinegar
- Pinch black pepper
- 1 piece whole wheat sourdough bread
- 1 clove garlic
- Olive oil, for brushing
- 3–4 1/4” slices halloumi
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Dice tomatoes. In a small bowl, toss together tomatoes with almonds, basil, and a drizzle of olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle in black pepper and stir together. Taste and adjust flavors as desired.
- Preheat broiler. Cut garlic in half and rub one side of bread with cut side. Brush with olive oil. Place until broiler until bread has toasted, roughly 60 seconds (but watch closely.)
- Heat a small pan over medium-low heat. Brush with 1 teaspoon olive oil and add halloumi. Fry until each side is golden brown, 3-4 minutes.
- Assemble toast by laying halloumi on top and scooping tomato mixture over the fried cheese.