A simple flatbread that can use homemade or store-bought fig jam as the base- perfect for a dinner party appetizer or light dinner.
- 1/2 recipe or store-bought pizza dough
- 3 to 4 tablespoons warmed fig jam
- 4 to 5 crushed roasted garlic
- 2 to 3 ounces shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup blue cheese
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup lightly packed vegetarian-friendly parmesan
- Preheat oven to 425˚F and cover a sheet tray with parchment. Alternatively, you could make this flatbread more like pizza (500˚F oven with a pizza stone).
- Stretch and roll out the dough to ¼” thickness on the sheet tray or pizza peel covered with cornmeal. Spread the fig jam over the crust then top with crushed roasted garlic and cheese.
- Bake the flatbread for 15 minutes or until the cheese is bubbling and browning.
Tips & Tricks: The inspiration for this flatbread comes with a drizzle of balsamic reduction which is delicious but I wanted to keep this flatbread super simple. If you have time, make a reduction and drizzle it on!
Also, you can find fig jam at some stores, usually near the specialty cheese. However, if it’s fig season, try your hand at making your own fig jam.