- 4 hard-boiled eggs (see note)
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced dill
- 1 tablespoon minced flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 2 tablespoon minced scallions
- 3 tablespoons mayo
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon brown mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 slices of toasted bread
- 1 to 2 handfuls spinach, lettuce, or arugula
- Peel eggs and place in a bowl. Chop/mash with fork, leaving some bigger pieces. Add the herbs, scallions, mayo, lemon juice, mustard, salt, and pepper. Mix well, taste, and add more salt/pepper as desired (see note).
- Assemble sandwich with an extra slather of mustard as desired.
+ I’m always adjusting the amount of salt, pepper + mustard based on my taste. Play around with the amounts and adjust as desired.