- 1 recipe for Melissa’s Biscuits
- 1–2 cups ripe cherry tomatoes*
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups packed basil leaves
- 2 clove garlic
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts
- ⅓ cup Veg parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Eggs, as many sandwiches as needed
- Preheat oven to 425˚ and prepare biscuits as instructed. In a small roasting pan, toss cherry tomatoes with 1 teaspoon olive oil. Roast while biscuits are baking, until tomatoes are tender and start to burst, 18-20 minutes.
- For pesto: pule garlic In a food processor. Add in basil, pine nuts, parmesan cheese, olive oil, and lemon juice. Pulse until well combined, adding more olive oil/lemon juice as needed to thin out slightly.
- Fry, poach, or scramble egg (whatever your preference) and assemble sandwiches with a smear of pesto, a heap of roasted tomatoes and an egg to top.
*This recipe is pretty loose. Melissa’s recipe makes 8 biscuits but you can always store and reheat for later use. I used 1 cup cherry tomatoes for 2 biscuit sandwiches and had leftover pesto (never a bad thing to have leftovers!)