- 1 delicata squash
- 1/2 medium red onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons shredded basil, plus extra for topping.
- 3 to 4 ounces shredded mozzarella or smoked mozzarella
- 1/2 ball whole wheat pizza dough (homemade or store-bought)
- Cut the squash and onions into thin slices, about 1/8″ thick. Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat and add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add in the squash and onion slices, stirring occasionally. Let cook until mixture starts to brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Add in garlic, cook for one more minute. Remove from heat and stir in the basil.
- Preheat oven to 450˚. Roll the pizza dough out in a rectangle that is roughly 8” by 12”. Transfer to a sheet tray.
- Brush the crust with olive oil then sprinkle the delicata squash mixture evenly over the dough. Sprinkle with 3 ounces of shredded cheese and add more as desired. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until crust has browned and cheese has melted. Sprinkle with extra basil and serve.