- 2 cups water
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup polenta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 red pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or melted coconut oil
- 2 to 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 cup cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Feta and cilantro, garnish
- Bring the water, broth and salt to a boil. Stir in polenta; cook until polenta begins to thicken. Cover and reduce heat to lowest setting. Simmer polenta for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring and scraping the pan bottom and sides every 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in butter.
- Preheat grill. Slice the zucchini and pepper into strips; toss with oil and curry powder. Grill until zucchini and peppers are slightly charred, 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- Roughly chop the vegetables and toss them with the chickpeas. Divide polenta among individual serving bowls. Top with grilled vegetables, cilantro and feta.
*Easily made vegan by leaving off the feta cheese and subbing in you favorite substitute for butter.