- 3 carrots, sliced 1/4″ thin
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed if using canned
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1 teaspoon cumin*
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup vegetable broth
- 2 cups cooked grains (brown rice, millet, or kamut)
- Preheat oven to 375˚.
- In a roasting pan, toss together sliced carrots, garlic, chickpeas, raisins, cumin, salt, and olive oil. Spread out into a thin layer. Add vegetable broth and cover roasting pan with foil.
- Bake carrots for 30 minutes, uncover, and then bake for another 10 minutes. Serve over cooked grains.
I prefer to use whole cumin, toasted for 2-3 minutes, and then crushed with a spice grinder or mortar and pestle. If using pre-ground cumin, up to 1 1/2- 2 teaspoons if desired.