- 1 medium cucumber, diced
- 1 cup cooked sorghum grain
- 1/4 cup chopped kalamata olives*
- 1/4 cup chopped artichoke hearts*
- 1/4 cup minced scallions
- 4–5 basil leaves, julienned
- 2–3 ounces feta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine sorghum, olives, artichokes, scallions, basil, and feta in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, and black pepper. Pour over salad and toss to combine.
*I typically keep jars of Kalamata olives and marinated artichokes in the refrigerator for odd and end uses, however, non-marinated versions would work just as well.
*Grains that would pair well with this if you don’t want to use sorghum: quinoa, wheat berries, or pearl couscous (not a grain, but quick and delicious.)