- 1 Recipe for Lemon Curd*
- 1/2 cup fine-ground cornmeal
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour or unbleached all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil or melted butter
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Make lemon curd according to directions.
- To make pancakes combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Give a good stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, maple syrup, oil, vanilla, and milk. Stir in to pancake batter, just until combined. Add more milk if needed to thin batter.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. When skillet is hot (if you flick water onto the skillet, it should sizzle), take about ¼ cup of batter and pour onto skillet. Let cook for 1-2 minutes (until the pancakes begins to bubble slightly. Flip and let cook for another 1-2 minutes until pancake is cooked through.
- Serve pancakes with lemon curd, crème fraîche, greek yogurt, melted butter, or maple syrup (or any combination.)
*I used Kathryn’s lemon curd recipe with the only change being I used maple syrup in place of the honey. Also, using a juicer, I was able to get more than enough lemon juice from 4 meyer lemons.