A simple and flavorful whole grain bread pudding using fresh raspberries and coconut milk.
- 3 cups 1⁄2-inch cubed bread (180 g, 1.3 cm)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup whole-fat canned coconut milk (240 ml)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup (45 ml)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (melted and cooled)
- 1 teaspoon ⁄2 vanilla extract
- Coconut Flakes (for topping)
- Maple Syrup (for serving)
- Preheat the oven to 350 ̊F (180 ̊C). Toss the bread cubes and raspberries together in a 1- or 11⁄2-quart (1 or 1.3 L) baking dish.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs and then add the coconut milk, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Pour over the bread, pressing the bread down with the back of a spoon to cover with the egg mixture.
- Bake the bread pudding for 40 to 45 minutes, until golden and set. Remove from the oven, drizzle with cream, and serve.
Tips & Tricks: I love the delicate aspect of the raspberries but blackberries and strawberries would also work.
Nutrition: see the information.
Links:Recipe from The Easy Vegetarian Kitchen
- Calories: 370
- Sugar: 15.3
- Sodium: 288
- Fat: 18.9
- Carbohydrates: 41
- Fiber: 6.6
- Protein: 15.3
- Cholesterol: 139