- 1/2 cup black lentils
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 minced chipotle in adobo sauce
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of the adobo sauce, divided
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 avocado, cut into small cubes
- 1 cup mixed microgreens
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon honey or brown rice syrup
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 to 6 corn tortillas
- 1 to 2 ounces cotija, feta or goat cheese
- Minced cilantro, garnish
- Rinse the lentils. Place them in a sauce pan with the broth, minced chipotle, 1 tablespoon adobo sauce, lime juice, salt, cumin and coriander. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer; cover and cook until lentils are tender but not mushy, 22 to 25 minutes. Taste and add more adobo sauce, if you’d like more heat.
- Combine the avocado and microgreens. In a small bowl, beat together lime juice, honey and olive oil. Pour over the microgreens and avocado, tossing until greens are coated. Divide the lentil mixture among the tortillas. Top with the avocado salad, crumbled cheese and minced cilantro.
* I suggest trying your hand at homemade tortillas (so, so good!)
* This recipe can easily be made vegan- just leave off the cheese.