- 2 medium russet potatoes
- 1/2 recipe for bulgur chili (found here)
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup whole milk
- onion, for topping
- parsley, for topping
- Preheat oven to 435˚. Rinse off the outside of the potatoes, prick a few times with a fork, and place in the oven. Bake until potatoes are cooked through, 45 to 55 minutes depending on the size of the potato.
- While potatoes bake, prepare chili according to instructions.
- In a small sauce pan, combine cheddar cheese and cornstarch. Heat over medium low and stir until cheddar begins to melt. Add 1/4 cup milk, paprika, and garlic powder, stir until mixture comes together. Add more milk if needed to reach a pourable consistency.
- Cut the potatoes in half, mashing the potato slightly and top with a few ladles of chili and a drizzle of cheddar cheese.
+ Recipe is good for two very hungry people or upwards of four kind of hungry people.