- 1 1/2 cups (1 can) chickpeas
- 1/4 cup diced celery, about 1 rib
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh flat leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons roasted sunflower seeds
- 3/4 cup green seedless grapes, sliced in half
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1–2 ounces of blue cheese
- 3 tablespoons mayo, mayo sub, or greek yogurt*
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- salt as needed
- If using canned chickpeas, drain and rinse thoroughly. Place chickpeas in a bowl and mash with the back of a fork or potato masher until the majority of chickpeas are broken down. Add celery, parsley, sunflower seeds, grapes, and pepper to the bowl. Stir to combine.
- In a small bowl, crumble blue cheese. Add in mayo and vinegar, stirring until blue cheese is incorporated into the mayo. Pour into the chickpea mixture and stir until everything is coated.
- Serve on top of lettuce or as a sandwich.
* When I use greek yogurt, I tend to add a teaspoon or two of honey to cut the tang down just a bit.