An easy and hearty stir-fry that features cauliflower tossed in soy sauce and served over quick cooking quinoa.
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil or other high heat oil
- 1 small red onion (sliced)
- 1 red pepper (sliced)
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced ginger
- 2 to 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 to 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup hummus (for serving)
- Sesame seeds (for serving)
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (for serving)
- Preheat wok over medium heat. Add oil and once heated, add in the onions and peppers. Cook until the onions softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Toss in the cauliflower and ginger, continue to cook, stirring occasionally until the cauliflower begins to brown and is just tender, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add in 1 tablespoon soy sauce, followed by 1 tablespoon vinegar. Scrape up the loose bits in the wok and add another tablespoon of each, cooking until the liquid is absorbed. Taste and add 1 more tablespoon of each if desired. If ready, add in sesame seeds and remove from heat.
- Serve cauliflower over quinoa with two tablespoons hummus, sesame seeds, and a drizzle of soy sauce if desired.
Tips and Tricks: Use broccoli in place of the cauliflower if desired.
Plan ahead: Find this recipe in the Naturally Ella Real Plans meal planning upgrade
Nutrition: See the information.
- Calories: 538
- Sugar: 7.2
- Sodium: 1272.5
- Fat: 18.1
- Carbohydrates: 76.2
- Fiber: 13.6
- Protein: 20.9
- Cholesterol: 0