- 1 cup short grain brown rice
- 1 1/2 cups cauliflower florets
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons chives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 1 to 2 tablespoon olive oil, for cooking
- Bring a pot of water, with a pinch of salt, to a boil. Add in the brown rice and cook until rice is soft, 30 to 40 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse the cauliflower until it is in pieces smaller than the rice. Transfer to a bowl. In the food processor again, pulse the oats, chives, salt, and pepper until the oats are in fine pieces. Add in the brown rice and pulse a few more times.
- Transfer the rice mixture to the bowl with the cauliflower and add in the cheddar cheese. Whisk the eggs, pour over the mixture and stir until well combined.
- Place mixture in the refrigerator and allow to sit for 30 minutes.
- Warm the olive oil up over medium heat in a large skillet with lid. Wet your hands and form the mixture into patties that are roughly 1″ thick and 4″ wide. Place in the skillet and cook for 4 minutes, until browning and crisp. Flip, cover, and cook for another 4 minutes until crisp and warmed through.