- ½ recipe for pesto
- 1 recipe for caramelized onions
- 1–2 tomatoes
- 2–3 ounces whole milk mozzarella
- 4 pieces crusty bread
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Start caramelized onions (or do ahead of time.)
- Brush the outsides of the bread with olive oil and heat a griddle to medium-low heat.
- Smear 2-3 tablespoons of pesto on the inside of one of the slices and then layer tomatoes, caramelized onions, and mozzarella cheese. Cover with remaining piece of oiled bread.
- Cook on each side until crusty and cheese has melted.