A perfect summer white bean wrap made with cooked white beans and an easy fresh tomato bruschetta.
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup white beans
- 1 cup grape tomatoes (halved)
- 3 tablespoons julienned basil (roughly 6 leaves)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 Flatout Wraps
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 to 2 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- Heat a skillet over medium-low heat. Add olive oil, followed by garlic. Fry the garlic until warm and just turning golden. Remove from heat, add white beans, and toss until well combined. Let sit for 5 minutes until oil cools.
- Combine the sliced grape tomatoes with the basil and garlicky white beans in a bowl. Add in the balsamic vinegar, pepper, and salt; stir to combine.
- Assemble wraps by dividing the spinach onto two wraps. Top spinach with 1/2 to 3/4 cup or so (see note) of the bean mixture, followed by a sprinkle of goat cheese. Roll, tucking the sides in as you go. Cut in half and repeat with remaining wrap.
Tips & Tricks: This recipe makes more bruschetta than needed for the two wraps. Save for another wrap or you can do as I did and ate a portion on the side for extra.
Nutrition: see the information.
- Calories: 651
- Sugar: 7.1
- Sodium: 798
- Fat: 18.4
- Carbohydrates: 92.2
- Fiber: 18.5
- Protein: 33.5
- Cholesterol: 9.8