- 3 to 4 corn tortillas
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 1/4 cup bean liquid or water
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 cups lightly packed shredded lettuce
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1 ounce cojita cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cilantro, lime wedges, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Brush tortillas with olive oil. Place on a baking tray; bake until crisp, 8 to 10 minutes.
- In a skillet, heat the black beans, liquid and salsa until boiling. Reduce heat to low; simmer, stirring occasionally, until the majority of juice has been absorbed, 5 to 6 minutes.
- For the salad, combine lettuce, cubed avocado and crumbled cheese in a bowl. Whisk together lime juice, olive oil, honey, salt and pepper. Pour over salad, then toss until coated.
- Top the tortillas with a layer of black beans, then salad. Serve with extra cheese or lime wedges as desired.