A perfect family-friendly snack or light dinner, these baked black bean taquitos are filling and delicious!
- 1/2 cup cooked black beans, drained and rinsed if using canned
- 1/2 cup sweet corn kernels
- 1/4 cup diced red pepper
- 1/4 cup minced yellow onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup shredded cheese, like colby jack
- 10 to 12, 6-inch corn tortillas
- Olive oil, for brushing
- Queso Fresco, for topping
- Preheat oven to 400˚F.
- In a food processor, combine black beans, sweet corn, pepper, onion, spices, cilantro, and cheese. Pulse three to four times until ingredients are slightly combined-this is just to chop slightly.
- Heat tortillas until pliable (good instructions here). Next, scoop 2 to 3 tablespoon of the filling onto the third of the tortilla closest to you. Roll the edge closest to you over the filling and tuck tightly. Then, continue to roll and place the taquito seam side down on a baking tray. Stick with a toothpick if necessary. Repeat with remaining filling.
- Brush with olive oil and bake for 18 to 22 minutes until tortillas are browning and crisp. Remove, top with cilantro and queso fresco, and serve.
Tips & Tricks: To make these vegan, use your favorite vegan cheese or leave out the cheese.
I usually use store bought tortillas to make black bean taquitos because they are easier to work with and less likely to crack. These are the ones I used for these photos.
Nutrition: see the information.
- Calories: 315
- Sugar: 2.7
- Sodium: 107.6
- Fat: 6.3
- Carbohydrates: 54.2
- Fiber: 9.3
- Protein: 13
- Cholesterol: 10.5