An easy and beautiful bean bake featuring the buttery corona beans tossed with turnip or kale greens and topped with sliced turnips.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 cups packed kale or turnip greens
- 2 cups cooked Corona beans (cannellini also work)
- 2 cups crushed tomato
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 medium purple top turnips, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 425˚F. Heat a medium, oven-safe skillet or cast iron pan over medium-low heat. Add the olive oil to the pan, followed by the garlic. Cook the garlic until fragrant and golden; 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the greens, turn the heat to low, and cook until the greens just begins to wilt, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir the beans, crushed tomatoes, rosemary, salt, and pepper into the greens mixture. Create a layer of the thinly sliced turnips on top. Place in the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the tomato sauce is bubbling and the turnips are tender.
Tips & Tricks: The turnips still have a bit of texture to them. If you’re looking for completely tender turnips, I recommend slicing then steaming for a minute or two- just to take the crispness from the turnip.
Nutrition: see the information.