- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda*
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon walnut oil
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Give a good stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together egg, maple syrup, oil, and milk. Stir in to pancake batter, just until combined. Add more milk if needed to thin batter.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. When skillet is hot (if you flick water onto the skillet, it should sizzle), take about ¼ cup of batter and pour onto skillet. Let cook for 1-2 minutes (until the pancakes begins to bubble slightly. Flip and let cook for another 1-2 minutes until pancake is cooked through.
- Serve with your favorite toppings: fruit, butter, jam, peanut butter, maple syrup to name a few.
*Baking Soda is optional- if you want tall, fluffy pancakes- omit baking soda and add just a touch more baking powder.