- 6” baguette (or half-baguette)
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups pea shoots
- 1 1/2 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup cannellini beans (drained and rinsed if using canned)
- 1/3 cup thinly shaved fennel
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- Light grill (or alternatively, use broiler). Cut the baguette in half like you would to make a sandwich. Cut end off garlic and rub the cut side on the cut part of the baguette. Brush with olive oil and place the baguette cut-side down the grill. Grill until the bread starts to char and is toasted, flip, and repeat. Watching closely as this process goes fast. If using a broiler, stick cut side up under the broiler until toasted, flip, and repeat. Either grilling or using the broiler will take roughly 1 to 2 minutes (if that). Let bread cool then chop into cubes.
- In a bowl, combine the pea shoots, spinach, beans, fennel, and parsley. Add in roughly 2 cups cubed bread.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the dressing. Pour over the salad and toss until everything is well combined. Taste and add more salt as desired.