These crostini are the perfect holiday snack or even lunch. While you can use any type of bread, I found a cranberry walnut bread worked well with the flavors.
- 1 cup 1/4″ cubed sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 1 teaspoons maple syrup
- pinch cayenne pepper *opt
- 2 ounces soft goat cheese
- 1/4 cup heavy cream*
- 1 loaf Crusty Bread
- Minced Rosemary, for topping
- Preheat oven to 400˚.
- On one sheet tray, toss together sweet potatoes, 1/2 tablespoon olive oil, and sea salt. Spread out into a single layer and roast sweet potatoes for 25 minutes or until soft. On a separate sheet tray, toss together pecans, maple syrup, and the pinch of cayenne if using. Roast pecans for 12 minutes, remove from oven, and let cool.
- Once sweet potatoes are soft, combine with goat cheese and 2 tablespoons heavy cream in a food processor. Pulse until smooth. Add remaining 2 tablespoons heavy cream and pulse until mixture is light and has a light texture.
- Slice 8 pieces of bread (or 4 pieces of a loaf and cut in half.) Brush with olive oil and place under the broiler until lightly browning and crisp (keep an eye on these- it doesn’t take long!)
- Assemble the crostini with a smear of the whipped sweet potato, a sprinkle of the pecans, and finish with a bit of rosemary.
*milk would also work in place of the heavy cream.