One of my favorite enchilada recipes, the homemade salsa verde makes for a perfect enchilada sauce as well as a great salsa.
- 1 recipe for salsa verde
- 2 cups black beans (with liquid)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 6 to 8 corn tortillas (warmed)
- 1/3 cup minced red onion
- 1/3 cup minced red pepper
- 2 ounces shredded jack cheese
- Prepare the salsa verde as directed.
- Drain about half the liquid from the black beans. Place beans in a pan with the cumin, coriander, garlic powder, and chili powder. Heat over medium-low heat until the majority of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Preheat oven to 375˚ F.
- In an 8″ square pan, pour approximately 1 cup of the salsa. Assemble the enchiladas by spreading a spoonful of black beans in the center of the tortilla. Sprinkle with a tablespoon of onion and pepper. Roll and place seam-side down. Continue with remaining black bean mixture and tortillas.
- Pour salsa verde over the tortillas until they are mostly covered then sprinkle with the cheese. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the cheese is browning and bubbling.
Tips and Tricks: Enchiladas are one of my favorite freezer meals. Prep ahead of time and freeze for whenever you need a quick weeknight dinner.
Nutrition: See the information.
- Calories: 513
- Sugar: 3
- Sodium: 535.2
- Fat: 12.2
- Carbohydrates: 79.2
- Fiber: 22
- Protein: 26
- Cholesterol: 25.2