- 6 ounces whole-wheat fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced white onion
- 2 cups sweet corn kernels (roughly 2 ears of sweet corn)
- 4 ounces soft goat cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan (see note)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, plus extra for topping
- Red pepper flakes, optional
- Fill a large pot with water and a pinch of salt; bring to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain, then set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add olive oil, then minced onion. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or just until the onion is fragrant. Stir in sweet corn; cook for another 7 to 8 minutes, just until the sweet corn has softened and has brightened in color.
- In a blender, combine the goat cheese, milk, Parmesan, salt and pepper. Pulse until well combined. Add to the skillet with the sweet corn, along with the drained pasta and basil. Stir until well combined and serve with an extra sprinkle of basil and red pepper flakes, if desired.