- 2 8-10″ tortillas (I used sprouted grain tortillas from WF)
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, cut in half
- 3 ounces cheese*, thinly sliced or shredded
- 1/2 cup black beans, drained and rinsed if using canned
- 2-3 handfuls spinach, chopped into small pieces
- juice from 1 lime
- 2-3 tablespoons cilantro
- A few dashes of hot sauce
- Preheat skillet or griddle over medium to medium-low heat.
- Rub one side of each tortillas with garlic clove and then brush with olive oil. Place olive oil side down on preheat pan.
- Sprinkle cheese, followed by spinach, black beans, and finally cilantro on one half of the tortilla.
- Squeeze a bit of lime juice over mixture, followed by a few dashes of hot sauce if using. Fold tortillas over and let cook on each side until crisp and beginning to brown, 3-5 minutes depending on how hot you have your pan.
*I usually use what I have in the refrigerator which happens to be either Tillamook cheddar or Taleggio. Any cheese that melts well will be great.