An easy recipe to have in your back pocket for a quick dinner. This spicy peanut sauce pairs perfectly with noodles, grains, and vegetables.
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon honey (or your favorite vegan sweetener)
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ to ½ cup water
- 4 oz brown rice noodles
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 to 6 scallions (diced)
- 4 cups assorted vegetables (cauliflower, carrots, broccoli, and/or spinach.)
- Extra scallion greens
- Toasted Sesame Seeds or Peanuts
- Bean Sprouts
- Combine all ingredients for the sauce, except the water. Stir until well combined and add just enough water to thin the sauce down so that it’s pourable. Set aside.
- Cook rice noodles according to the package. Drain, rinse, and toss with sesame oil. Set aside.
- Heat a wok or skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil followed by the scallions. Cook for a couple minutes, just until they start to soften. Add the heartier vegetables, like cauliflower and broccoli, cook until tender. If using greens, add towards the end of cooking.
- Place noodles in a bowl and add the cooked vegetables followed by the sauce. Alternatively, you can add the sauce to the pan with the vegetables to heat the sauce. Top with cilantro, toasted sesame seeds, and scallion greens if desired.
Tips & Tricks: This recipe is very forgiving. Use what you have on hand whether that means swapping out ingredients in the sauce, noodles, or vegetables.
Nutrition: see the information.
- Calories: 429
- Sugar: 6.1
- Sodium: 1040
- Fat: 18
- Carbohydrates: 59.2
- Fiber: 4.3
- Protein: 10.8