Easy vegetarian lentil tacos that are topped with a fresh, spring radish salsa.
- 1 cup black lentils
- 3 cups water/vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon Cumin Powder
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon Coriander Powder
- 3/4 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Powder
- Salt (added at end)
- 1 to 2 cups shredded or baby greens
- 8 8″ corn tortillas
- 2 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- Lemon wedges (for serving)
- Prepare radish salsa according to directions, set aside.
- In a sauce pan, combine ingredients for the taco filling, without the salt. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and let cook until lentils have absorbed almost all of the liquid and are tender, 25 to 28 minutes.
- Heat tortillas, either in a damp towel in a warm 200˚ F oven or use a gas oven burner to lightly char the tortillas. Assemble the tacos with a handful of greens, 1/4 cup of the lentil filling, 1/4 cup radish salsa, and a sprinkle of feta cheese.
Tips & Tricks: Make the radish salsa ahead of time for the flavors to come together.
Nutrition: see the information.
- Calories: 319
- Sugar: 2.2
- Sodium: 199
- Fat: 5.3
- Carbohydrates: 54.1
- Fiber: 8.9
- Protein: 17.1
- Cholesterol: 12.6