- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup uncooked millet
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon clove
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups shredded carrots (see note)
- Preheat oven to 350˚F and line a 12 muffin tray with muffins liners.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, millet, spices, baking powder, and salt.. Give a quick stir and set aside.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the yogurt, maple syrup, egg, and melted butter. Add the yogurt mixture and carrots to the dry mixture. Stir only until batter comes together- you don’t want to over mix.
- Divide batter evenly into 12 muffins and bake for 22-25 minutes or until a knife is inserted and comes out clean. Store muffins in an airtight container for 3 to 4 days or freeze for longer storage.
If the carrots seem moist, place in a colander and press out as much of the liquid as you can.
Recipe inspired from this pumpkin bread.