An easy, fall salad that uses raw, shaved Brussels sprouts tossed with pomegranate seeds and a tangy dressing.
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces
- 1/4 cup shaved manchego cheese
- 1 small shallot (minced)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Using a food processor attachment or a sharp knife, shred Brussels sprouts.
- In a large bowl, combine shredded Brussels sprouts, pomegranate seeds, pecans, manchego, and shallot. Whisk together olive oil, apple cider vinegar, and salt and pepper in a small bowl. Pour dressing over salad and mix to combine. Serve with an extra sprinkle of cheese and pecans if desired.
Tips & Tricks: This is a great salad to let sit for 30 to 45 minutes before servings. It really lets the flavors meld together.
Nutrition: see the information.
- Calories: 250
- Sugar: 6.8
- Sodium: 76.8
- Fat: 18.7
- Carbohydrates: 17.9
- Fiber: 6.7
- Protein: 7.3
- Cholesterol: 7.2