- 2/3 cup rye flour
- 1/3 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil or melted butter
- 1 tablespoons sorghum (or molasses)
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups black raspberries
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- Preheat waffle iron and preheat oven to 200˚.
- In a bowl, combine rye flour, wheat flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir to combine. In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, walnut oil, sorghum, yogurt, milk, and vanilla extract. Pour into dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Pour a 1/4 of the batter into a waffle iron and cook according to iron’s instructions (usually 3-4 minutes for my iron). Remove from iron and place on a baking tray. place tray in oven and keep waffles warm while making the rest.
- While waffles cook, combine black raspberries, maple syrup, and lemon juice in a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Continue to simmer until ready to use.
- In a bowl, enthusiastically whisk heavy cream until it becomes whipped cream. Whisk in maple syrup.
- Serve waffles with a few spoonfuls of black raspberries and a dollop of whipped cream.