A perfect breakfast or lunch ready in 30 minutes, this hash skillet is full of root vegetables, eggs, and herbs.
- 1/4 red onion
- 1 small potato (about 5 ounces)
- 1 small turnip (about 5 ounces)
- 1 small carrot (about 4 ounces)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 large eggs
- Feta cheese (for topping)
- Dice onion, potato, turnip and carrot in a 1/4 inch dice. Finely mince garlic.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil, followed by onion. Let cook until fragrant, about 3 to 5 minutes. Then add garlic, tarragon, and dill; cook one minute more. Add potato, turnip and carrot. Sauté 2 to 3 minutes, then add water and cover. Reduce heat to low and let steam for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove cover and let caramelize 3 to 5 minutes more.
- Make a small well in the middle of the vegetables and crack eggs in the middle. Cover and let cook until eggs are set but yolks are still slightly runny, about 5 to 8 minutes.
Tips & Tricks: A smaller dice helps the vegetables cook more quickly. Also, be sure to cover the vegetables while they steam, it helps them cook more quickly and keeps them tender.
Nutrition: get the information.
- Calories: 482
- Sugar: 13.6
- Sodium: 346
- Fat: 23.8
- Carbohydrates: 52.2
- Fiber: 10.4
- Protein: 18.9
- Cholesterol: 372