- 1 red kuri squash
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups cannellini beans, drained and rinsed if using canned
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1 tablespoon minced flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon julienned basil
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 ounce goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375˚. Using a sharp knife, cut the squash in half from the top to bottom then cut each section in half. Scoop out the seeds and place in a baking dish. Rub with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and roast until tender, 35 to 45 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- While the squash is roasting, combine the spinach with the beans, onion, herbs, and goat cheese. whisk together the olive oil and lemon juice, pour over the salad and toss until spinach and beans are well coated. Season with salt and pepper as desired.
- To serve, divide the salad evenly amount the squash.