- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 small fennel bulb
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Zest from 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed if using canned
- 1 teaspoon capers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill, minced
- 1/2 recipe for polenta or cooked grain (like quinoa)
- Preheat oven to 425˚. Break cauliflower into small pieces and chop the fennel bulb into medium pieces. Place in a roasting pan and drizzle with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil, lemon zest, salt, and pepper. Toss together until cauliflower is well coated. Roast for 20 to 25 minutes until the cauliflower is tender and starting to brown.
- Once the cauliflower is tender, remove the pan from the oven and add in the chickpeas, capers, lemon juice, dill, and remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, stir to combine everything.
- Serve the mixture over polenta (as pictured) or tossed together with a grain.