- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3–4 cups veggie broth
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup vegetarian parmesan cheese, topping
- Preheat oven to 400˚.
- Cut cauliflower head in to small pieces. Toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil and roast until tender, 20-25 minutes.
- In a large pot, heat remaining olive oil over medium heat. Mince garlic, add to pot, and cook for one minute. Stir in roasted cauliflower, thyme, salt, pepper, and 3 cups veggie broth. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and let cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and using a blender or an immersion blender, puree soup. Return to a medium heat and let cook for 3-4 more minutes, tasting and adding more salt/pepper as needed.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheddar cheese until melted. Serve with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.