An easy noodle bowl filled with roasted broccoli and an easy peanut sauce. Perfect for a quick lunch or light dinner.
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- ½ cup sliced onion
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 6 ounces udon noodles
- Sesame seeds, for serving
Peanut Sauce (see note)
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons honey (or favorite vegan sweetener)
- Sriracha, as desired for heat
- Preheat oven to 425˚. Chop broccoli florets into bite-sized pieces and toss with onion and olive oil. Roast for 20 to 25 minutes until broccoli is tender and starting to brown (see note).
- While broccoli is roasting, cook noodles according to package. To make the sauce, combine the ingredients in a bowl and stir until smooth.
- Once broccoli is done roasting, combine with noodles and sauce. Toss until well combined and serve with a sprinkle of sesame seeds.
+ Roasting the broccoli leaves it still a bit crisp. If you desired more tender broccoli, try blanching for 3 to 4 minutes before roasting.
+ This makes minimal amount of sauce (it’s more of a light coating). Double the sauce portion if you would like more.
+ For the roasted broccoli, I center my oven rack and like it a bit more on the well-done side. If you’re concerned about over roasting, start checking around 10 minutes and continue to cook until broccoli is at your desired doneness.
- Serving Size: 1/2 the recipe
- Calories: 592
- Sugar: 13.5
- Sodium: 953
- Fat: 16.9
- Carbohydrates: 96.9
- Fiber: 6.8
- Protein: 16.6
- Cholesterol: 0