- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- ½ cup pecan pieces
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon nut oil
- ½-3/4 cup milk
- 3 cups strawberries
- ½ cup bourbon
- 2-3 tablespoons maple syrup
- In a medium skillet or pot, add bourbon and cook over medium heat until reduced by half. Add in strawberries and maple syrup, reduce to medium-low heat, and let strawberries simmer until soft and liquid has reduced down, 10-15 minutes.
- To make pancakes, lightly toast pecans in a skillet for 3-4 minutes over medium low heat. Remove and place in food processor, pulsing until pecans are ground, but not flour.
- In a medium bowl, combine ground pecans, flour, baking powder, and salt and give a good stir. In a separate bowl,whisk together with the maple syrup eggs, oil, and ½ cup milk. Pour over dry ingredients, stir just until combined-don’t over mix. If batter thickens too much (and isn’t easily pourable) and a bit more milk.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. When skillet is hot (if you flick water onto the skillet, it should sizzle), take about ¼ cup of batter and pour onto skillet. Let cook for 1-2 minutes (until the pancakes begins to bubble slightly. Flip and let cook for another 1-2 minutes until pancake is cooked through.
- Serve with cooked strawberries and a dollop of whipped cream.