- 3 cups 1/4″ diced pears (see note)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon whole wheat pastry flour or oat flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Heavy cream, for topping
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon honey, warmed
- Preheat oven to 375˚.
- Combine the pears with the honey, flour, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a 2qt baking dish. Toss until the pears are well coated.
- In a food processor, combine the oat flour and rolled oats. Pulse in the butter and honey until clumps form. Sprinkle the oat topping over the pear mixture.
- Bake for 25 to 28 minutes, until the topping is golden and the fruit is tender. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving. Serve a scoop of the crisp with a pour of heavy cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
+ there will be more or less liquid depending on how ripe the pear is and what variety you are using. Use the ripest pears and I typically prefer Anjou or Bartlett (but will use whatever I have on hand.)
+Recipe a variation from the crisp recipe inThe Easy Vegetarian Kitchen Cookbook.