An easy pantry pizza using whole wheat pizza dough, tomato sauce, sliced olives and red onions.
- 1/2 ball pre-made pizza dough (enough for 2 people)
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup tomato sauce (like this sauce)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan (see note)
- 1 cup sliced kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup loosely packed sliced red onion
- 3 to 4 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- Basil (for topping)
- Red Pepper Flakes (for topping)
- Preheat oven to 450˚ F. Roll the pizza dough out in a rectangle that is roughly 8” by 12”. Transfer to an oiled or parchment covered baking tray.
- Spread tomato sauce over crust, enough to cover but leaving roughly a 1/2″ border. Brush the border with olive oil, sprinkle with garlic powder and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Spread the olives and onions over the sauce and top with cheese.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until crust is crisp. Remove, cut, sprinkle with basil and serve.
Tips & Tricks: Looking for a solid vegetarian parmesan, I just tried this brand and really enjoyed it. Perfect for the extra cheese touch on this pizza.
Nutrition: see the information.
- Calories: 533
- Sugar: 4.8
- Sodium: 1464
- Fat: 31.1
- Carbohydrates: 42.1
- Fiber: 5.2
- Protein: 22.8
- Cholesterol: 53.8